Monday, April 21, 2014

04-21-14 Song Kran was SO MUCH FUN !!!


Dear Family,

Sawadii Kha!

First thing is first... Song Kran was SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't even tell you.
We went to Siam Square where we had a massive water gun fight! It was so
crazy and fun! It felt good to laugh and smile and be drenched with cool
water. When I come back I will definitely create a version of Song Kran
with the entire family!

Other cool things happened this week. I was able to be filmed for a
training video for the mission. I was a little hesitant to do it, but I
gave in and decided that it was for the best. I just hope the video doesn't
haunt me for the rest of my mission with my bad acting. Ah! Oh well! It was
still fun.

We visited an Less active this past week. She is super nice and I love that
she teaches her children to be good. But, she also told us that she prayed
to Heavenly Father and got "permission" to not go to church for 10 years.
She works every Sunday and she wants to save up a lot of money so that she
doesn't have to work anymore for the rest of her life. We didn't really
want to argue with her. We just shared a spiritual thought and left. It
made me a little sad but... people have their agency.

One of the highlights of this week is when we ate at this place called
Saam's. Her daughter Coms, was the 13 year old that we recently baptized.
Coms got our order and we asked where her little brother, Camp is. She said
he was upstairs and began to call for him. She said, "Camp! CAMP!!! The
Sisters are here!"
There's a little silence and then we here this voice scream, "SISTERS!" He
came bolting down the stairs with a grin on his face and his hands filled
with crafts he had just made. He told us all about them and I felt so
happy. I had never had someone that happy to see the Sister Missionaries
before. It was so cute.

We originally had four people in mind to be baptized this week. But all but
one was baptized since the rest didn't answer their phone/didn't show up or
weren't ready to be baptized. It's alright though. We had Sister Lin be
baptized and it was so nice! We have known her for quite a while and she
was never able to meet us because of her work. Miraculously, she found the
time this week to learn the rest of the gospel, be interviewed and then
finally be baptized. It was so neat!

Easter was really lovely this year. The Thai Stake really pulled together a
cool show. They played this videa and I loved it!


http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694

I hope you enjoyed Easter as much as I did. I learned so much and I had a
wonderful Easter dinner with President and Sister Senior. It was so nice.

I love Easter and what it represents. I am so grateful for the Sacrifice
that Christ made so that we can have eternal life. I am happy that he
overcame death. I know that he lives.

Love,

Sister Carter






No comments:

Post a Comment