Thursday, March 27, 2014

03-24-14 "He knows us"


Sawadii kha! 

So, where to start? I guess I'll just state that I wasn't feeling too hot this week. Had bouts of stomach and intestinal pains. I ended up staying home on Friday glued to my bed. Not a whole lot of contacting went on. And all the appointments that we set up throughout the week phit (bailed) on us. Lessons with members: lacking, other lessons: also lacking, baptism daters: a very lonely one. It's a little sad to have these decreasing numbers and not able to get a "balanced" week. It's alright though. We are going to start from scratch and really take off with contacting this week. It's the only way we find people and get any baptisms for that matter! It's a bitter-sweet feeling. Feeling disappointed yet pumped to hit the streets hard and invite everyone in my path to get baptized!

Speaking of baptisms, Coms got baptized this Sunday! Not only that, the other Elders pulled five other people to be baptized too! It's always so incredible that there is always a baptism every Sunday. The Elders here are on fire! (maybe a little crazy too, but I didn't say anything!) They are so pumped and always asking EVERYONE if they want to be baptized. It's amazing how much gets done here in Asoke. 

Other than that there wasn't a whole lot that happened. I am a little stumped on what to write next, honestly. So, let me tell you some fun facts about Thai people. 

Thai people love to wear contacts. Really big, bight, unnatural colored contacts. Sometimes it's a little unnerving to approach someone and they look at you with their bright orange eyes. My first reaction is to shrink a little and say, "What the?" to myself. But, I hide it easily and smile on. It's hard not to be distracted by their eyes or other weird things they put in their hair or wear in general. 

Thai people hate the rain. They don't want it touching their heads because they think they will get sick. We had a random thunderstorm that scared Sister Sahagun and I pretty bad. It was pouring outside and the thunder was SUPER loud and close by! Right after that scare, a pigeon flew into our window and scared the living daylights out of me. Stupid pigeon. I'm not very fond of those dirty birds. 

Anyway, I am so, so sorry that this is terribly short. I just want to say that I know God is real. He answers prayers and He is always looking out for us. He knows us very personally and wants us at our happiest. He knows everything we are going through and He wants to help us. All we have to do is let Him in. Christ is the center to everything. He is the light and the life to this world. I know that if we open our hearts and humbly accept Him, our lives will change miraculously. I say these things in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Love, 

Sister Carter

A cute photo of Coms with her mom and brother before the baptism


There were 6 people who were baptized on Sunday! So crazy! Don't mind the fact that most people aren't looking at the camera!


                             More pics of the baptism!! So many people in white, it's just incredible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment